Students make one application to the APP via our online form. Depending on their eligibility and location they select a strand (APP City, and/or an APP Residential, or APP Reach), and indicate their career sector preferences whilst completing the form.
There are three components to the application process:
- Students can apply via the application form here.
- The application does not need to be completed in a single sitting. After completing the first page a ‘Save and continue later’ option will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. Students can enter their email to be sent a unique link to log back in and continue their application at a later date. We also recommend students save their written answers offline in case of any issues.
- Students nominate a teacher referee on the form who will receive an email link to complete this after the student submits their application.
- Students print and complete a paper eligibility form and have this stamped or signed by someone at school or college.
We have prepared the following guides and resources for teachers and students:
- Teacher Guidance Notes: information on the APP, eligibility criteria and the application process.
- Teacher Reference Guide: information for those providing a teacher reference, including an example.
- Student Guidance Notes: information for students on how to complete the application form and written questions
The deadline to apply is 12 noon (midday), Wednesday 18th December 2019.
The deadline for eligibility forms and teacher references for all students is 5pm, Friday 17th January 2020.
You can read more about our eligibility criteria here.
The SMF video also provides an overview of the programme from students themselves.
Further information can be found on our FAQ page, please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any other queries.