Students make one application to the APP via our online form. Depending on their eligibility and location they select a strand (APP City, and/or an APP Residential, or APP Reach), and indicate their career sector preferences whilst completing the form.
There are three components to the application process.
- Apply online via the form here: www.socialmobility.org.uk/apply
- Nominate a teacher referee on the form who will receive an email link to complete this when the student submits the form.
- Print and complete a paper eligibility form and have this stamped or signed by someone at school or college.
We have prepared the following guides and resources for teachers and students:
- Teacher Guidance Notes: information on the APP, eligibility criteria and the application process.
- Teacher Reference Guide: information for those providing a teacher reference, including an example.
- Student Guidance Notes: information for students on how to complete the application form and written questions
Please see key dates and deadlines here.
You can read more about our eligibility criteria here;
Check SMF List A: schools which have a GCSE/National 5 pass rate of 50% or lower here; and
Check SMF List B: schools where 20% or more students are registered for Free School Meals here.
The SMF video also provides an overview of the programme from students themselves.
Further information can be found on our FAQ page, please don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any other queries.