To join the City Talent Initiative, students must live within an hour of London and meet two sets of criteria; background and academic.
If you are, or have been, a Child in Care, please read our eligibility information here.
- Be currently in Year 12
- Be predicted at least ABB at A-level/IB equivalent
- Have at least 5 A grades at GCSE OR have 4 A grades and attend a school where 50% or less students achieved 5 A*-C grades in 2014
- Be interested in either Accountancy, Banking & Finance or Business (or all 3 sectors)
- Have a strong aptitude for Mathematics
Please note we consider exceptions for those that have had serious disruption to their studies. This will need to be confirmed by a teacher.
- Be personally eligible for Free School Meals (household income is below £16,190) during secondary schooling
- Be the first generation in their family to attend university in the UK AND either attend, or previously attended for GCSE, a school with 30% or more students known to be eligible for Free School Meals (based on DfE or RaiseOnline data 2013)
To check if your school is on the list please click here.
To help identify if you are eligible, please use the eligibility chart here.
We will assess eligible students on the basis of the quality of their completed application forms, their school/college context, family history of higher education and teacher references.
To find out the reasons for our eligibility criteria, please click here.