Title: Employer Index Intern
Place of work: London Social Mobility Foundation Office
Salary band: £11.05 per hour (London Living Wage).
Reporting to: Employer Index Manager
Management responsibility: None
Contract and hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week). 3 month contract
Start date: As soon as possible
Closing date: 10th June. Interviews to start w/c 13th June
About the Opportunity
The Social Mobility Foundation is a charity that aims to make practical difference in social mobility. We employ three main interventions to further social mobility in the UK; the Aspiring Professionals Programme, the Department for Opportunities and the Employer Index. The successful candidate will be working on the Employer Index, which is the UK’s leading authority on employer led social mobility.
Our annual bench-marking initiative ranks Britain’s employers on the actions they are taking to ensure they are open to, accessing and progressing talent from all backgrounds, and showcases progress towards improving social mobility.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about social mobility and advocating for change with UK employers to join the team during our busy summer period. You will have an interest in employer policy, corporate social responsibility and an analytical mind. Attention to detail comes naturally to you and you should be confident in using Excel to interpret data.
- Support on the 2022 Social Mobility Employer Index including, data analysis, report drafting and research tasks
- Day-to-day management of Index materials including data cleaning and spreadsheet design
- Stakeholder engagement and management
- Team administrative tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong numeracy skills
- Analytical mind-set
- Eagerness to learn quickly
- Good time management and organisation
- Some office work experience
- Experience of writing for different audiences
- Knowledge or interest in policy issues
Behaviours we’re looking for
- A problem-solving disposition; able to anticipate potential issues before they arise
- Proactivity and an ‘on it’ mind-set
- A team player
What you can expect from us
- A supportive environment to develop your skills and grow your knowledge
- A deep focus on and passion for increasing social mobility
- A desire to create high-impact work and build audiences that help us deliver on our aims
- A culture of pitching in and helping each other out when needed
How to apply:
Send a one-page cover letter outlining your previous experience and your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th June 2022.
Please note that we do not accept CVs or generic applications. If you are shortlisted there will be a task to complete as part of your interview.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Didi Enonuya, Employer Index Manager, email@example.com.