Students make one application to the APP via our online form. Depending on their eligibility and location they select a strand (APP City, and/or an APP Residential, or APP Reach), and indicate their career sector preferences whilst completing the form.
There are three components to the application process:
- Students first apply via the application form here.
- The application does not need to be completed in a single sitting. After completing the first page a ‘Save and continue later’ option will appear in the bottom right corner of the screen. Students can enter their email to be sent a unique link to log back in and continue their application at a later date. We also recommend students save their written answers offline in case of any issues.
- As part of the form students nominate a teacher referee who will receive an email link to complete this after the student submits their application.
- After submitting their online form students download and complete a paper eligibility form and have this stamped or signed by someone at school or college.
We have prepared the following guides and resources for teachers and students:
- Teacher Guidance Notes: information on the APP, eligibility criteria and the application process.
- Teacher Reference Guide: information for those providing a teacher reference, including an example.
- Student Guidance Notes: information for students on how to complete the application form and written questions.
Please note: The 2020 Aspiring Professionals Programme is now closed and this page and resources will be updated when the 2021 programme opens in autumn 2020.