Am I eligible?
We have two sets of criteria for our programmes; academic and social.
Care experienced young people automatically satisfy our social criteria.
Because we target high-achieving young people, the academic criteria are high.
However, we recognise that young people who have spent time in care may have had a disrupted education or other difficulties. We know that, for some teenagers, this means their academic grades may not truly reflect their ability and their potential.
With this in mind we welcome applications from young people in care, providing they:
- Have 5 A*-C (9-4) at GCSE, or they have 5 A-C grades at Scottish National 5
- Are on track for BBC at A-Level or BBCC at Scottish Higher
- Are intent on applying to university
- Are interested in working in one of our professional career areas
- Have a strong supporting reference written by a suitable referee (teacher, social worker etc.) which explains extenuating circumstances and affirms their academic and professional potential if they missed the required grades.
We’ve supported a number of care leavers in the past and encourage applications from even more. So if you think you meet the above criteria, please apply today!
We are pleased to be a signatory of the Care Leaver Covenant! The CLC is promise made by private, public and voluntary organisations to support care leavers aged 16-25 on their transition to independent living. We are committed to welcoming more students in care onto our Aspiring Professionals Programme. For more information about our contextual offer for care leavers, please click here.