References to “our”, “us”, “we” or “SMF” within this Privacy Notice are to The Social Mobility Foundation, registered charity number 1115888.
Some cookies are deleted when you close down your browser. These are known as session cookies. Others remain on your device until they expire or you delete them from your cache. These are known as persistent cookies and these types enable us to remember things about you as a returning visitor.
Cookies we use
The main categories of cookies we use include:
- Strictly necessary cookies. Strictly necessary cookies are essential to enable you to receive a service on a website. For example, cookies to operate online shopping baskets, or to comply with the law (e.g. such as to keep your information safe). We would not be able to operate our website without using “strictly necessary” cookies.
- Performance cookies. These cookies allow us to count the number of visitors and collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance, which pages visitors go to most often and if they receive error messages from web pages. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor. Any information collected by these cookies is anonymous. We only use such information to improve our website. By using our websites you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device, however you can block these cookies using your browser settings (please see the How to manage your cookies section below).
- Functionality cookies. Functionality cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your log in details) and customised preference settings (e.g. text size). They also enable enhanced, more personal features, e.g. a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by using a cookie to remember which region you are in. These cookies are also used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video. Information collected by functionality cookies may or may not be anonymised, but they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. The functionality cookies on our website collect anonymous information.
- to help us to improve your experience of our website;
- to ensure that our website performs as you expect it to;
- to enhance site navigation;
- to help us understand browsing habits on our website;
- for internal record keeping;
- for service development;
- to answer your queries or complaints;
- to assist with verifying your identity during an online session;
- to create statistical analysis of activity on our website
How long cookies will be stored on your device
Except for strictly necessary cookies, all cookies will expire after 12 months*.
List of cookies
We use the following cookies on our website:
|Necessary Cookies||PHPSESSID||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAccepted||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|Necessary Cookies||cookiesAcceptedGoogle||Necessary cookies enable core functionality. The website cannot function properly without these cookies, and can only be disabled by changing your browser preferences.|
|'_ga', '_gid', 'guest_id', 'personalization_id', '_twitter_sess', 'ct0', 'external_referer', 'gt'||Used by Twitter to deliver social platform content on the website|
|'_ga', '_gat_gtag_UA_7797879_53', '_gid', '__utma', '__utmb', '__utmc', '__utmt', '__utmv', '__utmz'||Used by Google to deliver visitor traffic data on the website|
*Following a change of web developer, we will undertake an assessment of all the cookies used on our site. The full list will be updated in due course along with expiry dates.
How to manage your cookies
The browsers of most computers, smartphones and other web-enabled devices are typically set up to accept cookies. If you wish to amend your cookie preferences for this website or any other websites, you can do this through your browser settings. Your browser’s ‘help’ function will tell you how to do this. If you do not want the benefit of cookies, there is a simple procedure to manually delete your cookies. Visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html to see these.
However, please remember that cookies are often used to enable and improve certain functions on our website. If you choose to switch certain cookies off, it is likely to affect how our website works. For example, if your browser is set to disable ‘session’ cookies, although you will still be able to view our public website, you will not be able to log in to your online account.
|Effective Date||25 May 2018|
|Review Date||January 2019 or after finalisation of EU Privacy Regulation (ePR)|
|For questions about this Policy contact:||firstname.lastname@example.org|